Product Description & Reviews
The Shark Slider S1 is a modular slider supporting up to 15 lb loads (11 lb with extension rails unless 2 points of support are used) and offering smooth movement thanks to silent bearings, synchronous belts, and a flywheel that adds inertia. The flywheel adds a damping effect to your slides, ensuring smooth acceleration/deceleration as opposed to jerky starts and stops. The Auxiliary flywheel can be added for even more enertia with heavier rigs. It achieves this through its centrifugal force while the slider belt is connected to flywheel. The S1 is tool-less and allowing the extension bars and belts to be added with the turn of a clamp. The end pieces offer adjustable feet that spread out in triangular form to add extra stability. The mounting plate attached on the bottom of the sliding carriage is also designed with stability in mind and is screwed into the carriage at four corners to minimize vibration when the slider is mounted on a tripod. The S1 offer has a 3/8"-16 camera mounting screw, and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threaded holes. The carbon fiber rails provide for better corrosion resistance than aluminum and also allow for a lighter system. The S1 supports longer rails from iFootage for a total sliding length of 70". It also supports the S1A1 and S1A3 Wireless Motion Controllers, and the Motion X2 System, which provides 360° camera movement.
Features & Highlights
- The Shark Kit comes with a padded carrying case with handle and shoulder straps. Pockets are provided for the extension rails and main flywheel. Without the extension rails, the Shark drops into the case fully assembled.
- The Shark Slider S1 special bundle comes with the Auxiliary weight, extender rods, extended belt and the carrying case. It can be mounted on a tripod using the under- rail cheeseplate with multiple 3/8-16 and ¼-20 threaded holes.
- The Shark is 31" long with 25" of travel and can be extended to 47" with the tool-less addition of the two carbon fiber extension rails. Precision manufacturing of the rails and end fittings to control concentricity, results in a perfect joint that doesn't produce a bump as the carriage moves over it.
- 15 pound payload capacity.Multi-position adjustable legs allow leveling on uneven surfaces.
- The end blocks can drop onto light stand spigots and locked, or mounted to a tripod using the 3/8 - 16 or 1/4 -20 holes on the bottom. Reversing the end caps allows the carriage/camera to be under slung
|Part Number:||S2 bundle|
|Item Weight:||12.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||5.5 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Package Weight:||13.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 5.6 x 5.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.