Product Description & Reviews
The rescueME EPIRB1 provides peace of mind with an impressive 10 year battery life. The world’s most compact EPIRB can always be on hand, as its small size allows it to be easily retained within its quick release bracket or placed in an emergency grab-bag or life raft. A simple protective tab over the operating keys prevents inadvertent activation, yet allows for easy operation when required. The rescueME EPIRB1 also features two high brightness strobes to maximise visibility in low light conditions.The retractable antenna provides maximum protection and a reduced outline for stowage. When required the antenna is easily deployed with a gentle pull.Registering your EPIRB is mandatory in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.Please note that this EPIRB must be registered in same country as the MMSI registered to your vessel. For US registered vessels, please choose our “Programmed for US” listing. For registration outside the US, please chose our ‘Programmed for Rest of World’ listing and advise us of your required country of registration after purchase so we can program the device for you.
Features & Highlights
- The rescueME EPIRB1 provides peace of mind with a 10 year battery life.The world's most compact EPIRB can always be on hand, as its small size allows it to be easily retained within its quick release bracket or placed in an emergency grab-bag or life raft
- This EPIRB is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code and must be registered to a vessel with a US MMSI number. Whilst it will function, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search and Rescue.
- If you require registration outside of the US, please purchase our alternative listing for 'Programmed for Rest of World'. We include at no charge a reprogramming service to ensure the device can be registered in the country of your choice.
- Registering your EPIRB is mandatory in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue will know who you are, and contacts provided to supply information about your travels
- This EPIRB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search and Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
|Item Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||3.9 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||5 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.