Product Description & Reviews
The 218 Zone Controller contains all of the functionality needed to create a Hi-Res audio zone. Accommodating both local and distributed audio, whether analogue or digital, the Meridian 218, which comes equipped with lip-sync technology is also an endpoint for our award-winning Sooloos music management platform. With both digital and analogue inputs and outputs, the MQA-enabled Meridian 218 is suitable for a wide range of distributed audio applications from single zone to multi-zone use. Control features including IP and IR, allow this versatile 1U tall product to be easily partnered with any of Meridian's power amplifiers or DSP loudspeakers. IP Control allows for seamless integration and flexibility within the home. Also includes both digital and analogue inputs and outputs. Scalable solution - use multiple 218 units for additional Hi Res zones around the home. Digital and analogue outputs enable the 218 to work with any power amplifier and all Meridian loudspeakers speakers, enabling significant flexibility. Multiple input options, including optical and coax digital, analogue and Speakerlink.
Features & Highlights
- MQA Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download.
- FIFO RECLOCKING Clock variations, known as jitter, are one of the main causes of unpleasant "glare" in digital audio systems. The Meridian 218 solves this problem with a proprietary jitter reduction technique using a FIFO (first-in first-out) buffer that allows an independent output clock to deliver clock performance that does not rely upon on the incoming signal quality
- DSP UPSAMPLING AND APODISING FILTERS Almost all audio has been digitally processed, even if it arrives at the Meridian 218 in analogue form. Upsampling allows the Meridian 218's DACs to run at a higher sample rate and achieve their full potential. Upsampling also provides the opportunity to apply apodising correction to ameliorate time-domain errors that have been introduced to the signal by the ADCs or other upstream processing.
- LIP SYNC Video processing typically delays the picture. As sound travels slower than light, the effect of the sound arriving before the picture is highly noticeable. For installations where the audio and video are separated before video processing, the Meridian 218 has adjustable audio delay to realign the audio with the video.
- POWER • High performance power supply: 100V ac 50/60 Hz | 110-120V ac 50/60Hz | 220-240V ac 50/60Hz DIMENSIONS • HEIGHT: 42mm [1.65in] • WIDTH: 204mm [8.03in] • DEPTH: 150mm [5.91in] • WEIGHT: Standalone: 0.56Kg [1.2lbs]
|Package Size:||12 x 12 x 12 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.