Product Description & Reviews
The ACR AquaLink PLB is a buoyant, handheld, GPS-enabled rescue beacon which is small enough to be easily carried in a back-pack or pocket, or worn on a life vest. Upon initiation of a distress call, the AquaLink's onboard GPS will fix your position to within 100 meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location. The AquaLink broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. Performing a full functional self-test of the PLB's internal circuitry, battery voltage & power and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your PLB will work the moment you need it the most. ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test GPS functionality up to 12 times over the life of the battery. PLBs have been proven, tried and tested in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Even in extreme conditions and situations, the AquaLink activates easily. Just deploy the antenna and press the ON button. With its powerful 66-channel GPS, the ResQLink+ guides rescuers to within 100 meters or less of your position. Search and rescue personnel can be alerted of your position in as little as five minutes. Unlike most satellite enabled notification devices, the ACR AquaLink PLB requires no monthly or annual subscription, making it one of the most cost effective GPS enabled emergency beacons available for long term use. In the unfortunate event of needing to use your PLB, ACR will replace it, at no charge. Simply submit your story, send your used beacon back to them so they can have it mounted on their Wall of Fame and they'll send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value.
Features & Highlights
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search & Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
- Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries All Personal Locator Beacons sold are pre-programmed with the US country code.
- Whilst they will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency would be US Search & Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered.
- Unlike most satellite enabled notification devices, the ACR AquaLink PLB requires no monthly subscription, making it one of the most cost effective GPS enabled emergency beacons available for long term use.
- Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans.
|Item Weight:||0.7 pounds|
|Item Size:||3 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.4 x 3.3 x 3.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.